Learning how to ride a horse is a very challenging task to do for most people. This is because a horse has a mind of its own; they are not machines, which is why we have to learn first before we could ride a horse. A horse is a very strong animal and if you do not know how to control it; you might end up hurting yourself.
If you really want to learn about riding a horse, perhaps these tips would help you ride a horse just like a pro;
- You have to get to know the horse first before you start riding it. If you have time, try to spend time with the horse so it would be a bit comfortable when you are around.
- Get up on the horse carefully. Never try to scare the horse because it might panic and there is a big possibility that you would fall and hurt yourself. Treat the horse gently and do not hit it too much. They get frightened easily and might run off and if you have not positioned yourself properly, you might end up having a broken arm, knee, and leg.
- Check your surroundings. Make sure that there are no obstacles surrounding the premises so it won’t get in your way.
- Make sure that you set your eyes where you want to go. Do not spend a lot of time looking at your horse. Remember you are guiding the horse so you should always focus your mind on the road.
- Start by doing slow walks. Since you are just starting to learn riding the horse, you can start by doing slow walks so both you and the horse would build a certain connection.
- Always wear the proper gear like boots and helmet. Never ride a horse without a helmet. This is for your own safety.
- Lastly, you need to practice frequently so you can ride the horse as a pro.